· Wedding Dress: Eddy K. 77986 in Ivory/Light Gold
· Store: The Poinsett Bride
· Wedding Planner: Michael Deltette, Director of Catering and Events at The Watergate Hotel
· Photographer: Elaine Studley from Hay McKenna Photography
· Hair Stylist & Make-up Artist: Jacinda Mosby from Bridal Artistry
· Bouquet arrangements: Toulies en Fleur
· Ceremony & Reception: The Watergate Hotel
From the Bride:
Remember what is important and be flexible, sometimes plans change and that’s ok. Our wedding was originally planned for May 1st in Washington, D.C. In the weeks leading up to the wedding it became clear my father would not be able to travel from South Carolina for the ceremony due to complications from his years-long battle with cancer. My fiancé, now husband, and I decided to postpone our wedding in D.C. and have a small, intimate ceremony with immediate family in my hometown in South Carolina. While having the small ceremony prior to our D.C. wedding was not part of our initial plan it’s something we would not change for the world as my father lost his battle with cancer three weeks later.
For our D.C. wedding I wrapped the tie my dad wore in our ceremony in South Carolina around my bouquet and we felt his presence all around us that day. Our ceremonies were perfect celebrations of our love for each other and our friends and family.