1. Make sure you have your dress before choosing your bridesmaids’. You want to make sure their dress, colour and fabric, compliment your dress and the wedding theme.
2. Don’t ask all of them for their opinion. When was the last time you saw a group of girls agree on something? Either decide on your own or ask 1 or 2 of them, tops, to help you choose.
3. Our personal recommendation: avoid strapless dresses at all costs. They’re not flattering on everyone and you really don’t want hem looking like this while they’re sitting down.
4. Do some research. Browse as many webpages and/or stores as possible so you don’t end up regretting your decision last minute.
5. Take into account season, time of day and location. This is the most important part of your research. If you’ll have a daytime, outdoor wedding in summer, try to choose something accordingly. Keep in mind that you don’t want them to freeze nor melt while you’re saying “I do”.
6. Try to find something flattering for everyone. Chances are your bridal party will be very varied. not everyone will have the same skin tone or type so pay attention to that when deciding. You could even have 2 colour options and/or 2 neckline options.
7. All the dresses don’t have to be the same. Nowadays you see a lot of bridal parties where the bridesmaids are all wearing different dresses in the same colour. This is actually a great idea. Pick the fabric and the colour, maybe set some guidelines (like length), and let them wear something that they know will fit their body type. Plus, if they’re making that expense, might as well have them buy something they’d want to wear again.
We really hope you find these tips helpful! Follow our Pinterest board to find more wedding tips.